Some 3,000 candidates who attained university entry grade in the last five years, but did not get a chance for admission will be considered in this year's placement.

Education Cabinet Secretary Julius Ogamba said a portal has been opened to allow these candidates who sat examinations between 2020 and last year.

Ogamba said that the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) will accommodate these new candidates in addition to the 246,000 candidates who sat the 2024 KCSE. "The government has extended the application for degree courses through the KUCCPS portal to candidates who sat KCSE from 2020 onwards.

We are now offering opportunities to around 305,000 students who did not apply for the course due to various reasons," Ogamba said.   He was speaking on Wednesday during a prize-giving day at Mary Hill Girls School.